Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Greetings from a North Carolina mountain top

Since the mid 60's, I've either been shooting professionally or running a camera store. Decades of buying what job demands dictated have left me with shelves and bags loaded with motor-driven cameras, medium format clunkers and one Speed Graphic that refuses to die. I shoot digital, but after spending a lot of money on software that makes my digital images look like they were taken with film, I had a "Why?" moment and started using those lovely old Spotmatics, Nikons, Prakticas, Konicas, and Chinons again. The Alpas and Leicas helped pay for my kids (no regrets!)and ex bro-in-laws ended up with the Canons and Minolta's (no comment), but I still have a lot of the great cameras.

Since my first 35mm cameras were screw mount, they have been my first love. I've started adding to my M42 equipment and it seemed like everytime I had a question, I got directed to this forum, so here I am!

I'm going to have a lot of reading to do and have some questions to ask as it's been a very long time since I was first introduced to Spotmatics over 40 years ago and many of you have forgotten more than I ever knew.

Thanks for having me!

~G

08-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great to have you! I'm from NC as well, and I do love the mountains, although I'm in Raleigh, a short drive to the mountains. I'll expect to see some great mountain scenery shots from you with some lovely Takumars!