Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Inactive Account

new member chris hall

Greetings,

I have had Pentax cameras for thirty years since I graduated from the sturdy Zenith to the MX (which I still have, plus another MX body). I always felt there was something particularly satisfying about the feel of a Pentax, and when I purchased my K100D earlier this year I felt as if I was reacquainting myself with an old friend. Let the Canikon crowd blather on in their technical , prosaic way and vie with each other to see who has the meanest machine, artists will always prefer the grace and sensitivity of Pentax.

I am myself an artist living in Abergavenny on the Welsh border. For the past few years I have left off painting to concentrate on photomontage and collage since I bought my first digital camera (the excellent Olympus 7070), and this year bought the K100D.

I love the thing, and have really put it through its paces, but am beginning to consider upgrading to theK10D. As I need to enlarge for exhibiting to A3, A2 and even A1. I wonder if the extra 4million pixels will be significant. However, I notice on another forum I contribute to that the low lighting quality of the K100D is somewhat superior to that of the K10D, and that the latter cannot be easily held one-handed, a frequent occurrence with me. I hear a K100D is just around the corner with 10million pixels. Should I hang on? I am in no hurry as the K100D is so superb anyway.
Any comments?

Last edited by chris hall; 11-27-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: syntax
11-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #2

Welcome! You have a nice machine in the K100. Might want to see what Pentax has in store for us next year before upgrading?
11-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome - the images I've seen of the Welsh countryside are beautiful, so I hope this means your area is just as beautiful! I look forward to your posts. You may want to wait on upgrading...

Disclaimer: Eddie, this is starting to look like I'm following you around... this is the third time I've posted right behind you... I guess I don't frequent certain parts of the forum as much, so I'm playing catch-up!

Cheers,
Marc