Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi from Toronto!

Hey all!

I have been wanting a Pentax of my own for quite a while now, as I have been envious of my younger brothers Pentax K20. My girlfriend and I are going to New York City for a week on Tuesday and I thought what better time to treat my self to a new Camera.

So I went out and purchased a Brand new K-r and did not stop getting to know it for 2 days (with breaks for work), I was very happy with its performance and the price felt like a steal. Then while browsing the used section of the online section of a camera store in the city I found a K 7 for a sweet price. While the K-r is an awesome entry level DSLR I thought considering the price, the condition of the K-7 body and the weather resistance among other things it was easy to convince myself to go for the upgrade so soon!

So the K-r went back and I am now the proud owner of a brand new (used) Pentax K-7. I have been putting it through the paces the last couple of days and have found this website to be and excellent community for knowledge and information for someone like me who has some experience but is still essentially a newbie in the world of DSLRs.

If I wasn't already excited enough to go to New York now I'm just about ready to burst!

08-21-2011, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, congrats! What a story
08-21-2011, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I have a Kx and have been considering replacing it with a K7 but still not sure yet. Be sure to take some time and explore the forum. You'll find great info and amazing photos all over. Cool avatar too. Enjoy!