Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Hi from Tennessee

Hi all.I have been lurking for quite some time but wasn't going to join until i had a pentax camera.Thanks to craigslist i swapped my Canon rebel 400D for a pentax KR in Stormtrooper white.(Not sure what the other guy was thinking?)All i can say is it was worth the wait.I absolutely love it! Its fast,looks cool,works with my old lenses and It isn't the same thing everyone else around here has.I have people sometimes come up to me and ask what kind of camera it is as they are used to only seeing Canon or Nikon in all the local stores.My only beef against Pentax is they either can't or won't get them back into our local stores.I am going to get my old K mount stuff out and start imaging with my telescope as well due to pentax giving the option to turn off noise reduction.I think that one feature might bring a lot of people back into the fold so to speak.

08-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I would definitely say you got the better end of that trade. There are some discussions here about why Pentax is not a big presence in local stores, you might find those interesting. Be sure to take some time and explore the forum, there is great information and amazing photos all over. Enjoy!
08-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks.I have been looking at some of those discussions.I just read today that pentax will be moving it's HQ into a new high profile high rise with the option to lease some upscale retail space.I think this is an indication that pentax is going to get serious about having a stronger retail presence.I personally miss the days of being to go into a brick and mortar store and put my hands on something.Yes it's cheaper online,but when it comes to something that has to "fit" i would be more inclined to visit a store and buy it right then and there.Anyway,i appreciate the response and i hope to get a lot from this forum.