Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #1

Happy to find a home among Pentax enthusiasts

I guess toy cameras got the bug started in me. I got a hold of a used k1000 in the mid 90's and loved it. The pictures were amazing and the camera was fun. Then I got into the whole P&S thing and while I really enjoy my Canon G10 for many things I am super excited about getting my first Pentax DSLR...the K-r along with a couple lenses and a gem of a Takumar 55 mm 1.8. I was going the Canon route but after seeing a friend's Pentax DSLR decided to put all that media hype of only Nikon/Canon options and find out more about Pentax...and I am so glad I did.

My knowledge base is nominal but I know what I like intuitively and so learning to understand the technical side of that expression is the next step. I have seen beautiful images taken with a P&S and so-so with top of the line DSLR's so there is no judgment from me about gear. Each person has a unique set of eyes to see the world and to just be another set in that mix is good enough for me. I find beauty in the obscure and in the chaos but on any given day can just as well enjoy the tranquil too. Simply put...I can't be put in a box nor will I be. I am simply here to enjoy the journey, have some fun along the way and make record through the lens of the world the way I see it....and I welcome advice as sometimes I see clear as mud lol. And the adventure begins...

08-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums, happy shooting with your K-r!
08-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good going and welcome.
Hope you enjoy it here.
Start with the Beginner's corner and work your way through some of the articles relevant to you. Lots of useful info there...