Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Melbourne Australia

just a new post to introduce myself, good to find so many like minded people to chat to. I have a spotmatic F which i used for many years, and always enjoyed before crossing to the world of digital point and shoot. A while back I purchased a s/h *ist DS and a couple of lenes, I'd forgotten how much fun it can be, Good to be back into it!

08-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

G'Day and welcome.

Gotta love digital, every photo is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEee.
08-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome,
yeah, got the same lens problem, can't help but buy the lenses I couldn't afford back in the day, thought I'd get a few and try them out, then work out which ones I really want to keep and move the others on, not having much luck with that.
08-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Cee Cee and hope you enjoy the forum as much as your photography.
The *ist DS is a great little camera. Look forward to your contributions here.

08-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #5
Banned

Hi there - new to here myself, but I love how our film lenses back to the 60s work on such modern cameras, and they look so good too! Fantastic.
08-25-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
thanks guys, love your work Ash, some great images there ( I feel a little intimidated -but not in a bad way).
08-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Greetings Cee Cee. I hope you have some of those old M42 lenses still in your possession, with the genuine Pentax M42 adapter they should work a treat on your ist.
08-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
Pentaxian

G'day CeeCee. Welcome to PF.

It seems to me that maybe, just maybe, Melbourne may have the greatest percentage of pentaxians per population in the world.

I wonder if it is worth a poll to find out.

Last edited by wizofoz; 08-25-2011 at 03:00 PM.
08-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #9
Banned

It rains in Melbourne

I've noticed that actually. I would have thought that it's maybe not so much that there are more Pentax users in Melbourne, just that they're all on the internet more because they can't take their cameras in the rain, which is the primary weather in my experience of Melbourne. That may sounds rich coming from a Pom, but I stayed there for two weeks and didn't see a sunny day. "Come to Australia, our weather is great!" ... "What, same as England?" was my reply.
Then I went to Sydney... ok now I believe you. *shakes fist at Melbourne*
08-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi you guys from Melbourne & Liam_Kr, maybe it is worth a poll, Hey Liam_Kr as most Melbournians will tell you, if you don't like Melbourne weather, just wait 5 minutes ! I've still got all my m42 gear xjjohnno ( wouldn't part with it ) SMC Takamur 50mm f1.4, Super Takamur 135mm f3.5, Tokina 28mm f2.8 and a recently purchased m42 Vivitar (komine) 80-200mm f4.5, I have a couple of adapters a cheaper one and one that focuses to infinity. You are right those lenses work well, and I kind of like the totally manual mode (takes me back).
cheers guys.
08-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Liam, you are just a bit late. We had a decade long drought. You should have come and visited during that period. When droughts break, it generally rains....a lot.

......and besides, the whole point of having tough Pentax gear, not the namby pamby Canikon stuff is that one CAN take it out in the rain. So I don't think your argument holds water (pun intended.)
08-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, nasty Melbourne weather, tail end of winter and we've just had a run of about 5 days in a row above 20C.
08-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Cee Cee. One more Melbourne member here.

Richard.
08-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Richard, .... hey all you K5 owners, which would you think would be better, buy a Kr and spend the extra money on a really good lens (or two) or buy a K5 with a lesser lens with a view to possibly upgrading to a better lens at a later date. I tend to think buy the better camera and possibly end up with the best of both in the future, but then again a "bird in hand ...." it would be nice to start taking better images (due to the lens) straight away, rather than look back and think if only I had that better lens when I took this shot! I look forward to your thoughts.
08-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #15
Site Supporter

Warm welcome to another Aussie. If we keep going up in membership we can make a take over bid and make it a true blue Oz site. LOL.

Seriously though, I look forward to seeing your shots on the Forum.