Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #1

Hello

Hello everyone, Im Kev from Dudley west Midlands, England. I have a Pentax ist dl camera which was given to me by a mate from work, I only have the 18-55mm lens which came with the camera although I wont be using lenses as I will be using the body for astrophotography and as such the camera mounts direct to my telescope via a T-piece adapter. I have just one question for the moment and that is, due to the viewfinder being "frosted" it i svery hard to focus on what astronomers call DSO's (deep sky objects like nebulars and far distant galxies) which to the naked eye look like smudges, Can the view finder be changed for a clear one or is this impractical?

Kev.

08-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Kev.
Not sure what you mean by a 'clear viewfinder' but if you mean one without markings for compositional aid then there is one available. I can't attest whether it is going to fit in the *ist DL though: Pentax ME-60 Plain Matte Focusing Screen - Only 59.99 - SRS Microsystems and Pentax Matte Focusing Screen ME60 Blank