Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #1

new old camera

I had a old pentax super me that ended up being given away by mistake. I have alot of lenses that fit the camera. I just got a yashica 230 af and would like to use my old lenses on it. Does such an adapter exist that will allow me to use my old lenses on the new camera? Any help appreciated.

08-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gingerly266n Quote
I had a old pentax super me that ended up being given away by mistake. I have alot of lenses that fit the camera. I just got a yashica 230 af and would like to use my old lenses on it. Does such an adapter exist that will allow me to use my old lenses on the new camera? Any help appreciated.
I don't know about a Contax/Yashica --> Pentax K-adapter, but even if it exists it surely has got some limitations. Consider that Super ME is a MF camera and your Yashica is a AF camera, so there might be some more glitches than expected.

Why don't you make your life easier and get a ME or ME Super body for yourself? They are sold for almost a smile and a coffee nowdays. I have one myself which I got for almost nothing, when I was after a genuine Pentax M f1,4/50mm lens. If you are not able to find a decent Pentax body for yourself give me a PM, I might consider to give away my ME. Not Super, just a ME in mint, fully working electronics and mechanics, needs just the usual light seals upgrade. Not sure if I am allowed to place such an offer here. Don't beat me.

Cheers,
D
08-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

dragra advises well. AFAIK no C/Y-PK adapters exist, and if they did, they would be optical, which degrades image quality. I'm not even sure if the AF series use the C/Y mount. [/me googles a little] No, it's a different proprietary Kyocera/Yashica mount. Lenses for it should be dreadfully hard to find. Yes, for your Pentax lenses, get a Pentax camera or four.
08-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There is no decent C/Y to P/K adapter out there but you can get an M42 adapter that will let you use any of those you might have on a Yashica mount camera okay. ME's are easy to come by and pretty cheap compared to most Pentax SLR's but personally I wouldn't go that route again unless you're set upon it. K mount lenses will fit any K mount Pentax camera and you could do better than an ME or ME Super IMHO. A K1000 would do you and it's got a lot less issues mechanically than the ME's seem to.