Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
36 years of Pentax ownership (and addiction to being a gearhead)

Hi fellow pentaxians, I was 15 when I first saw the magic of a black and white print emerging from the dimly lit tray and became hooked on photography. Naturally I was soon able to save the money for my first camera the ultimate learners camera which I still have in working condition a K1000 brick. Since then I have moved forwards and backwards with my cameras purchasing Asahiflex Spotmatics K's LX's M's MZ's *ist's (Still the WORST names for cameras EVER) D's and now back to Digital K's. I guess the next series will have to be digital L's! I have 110super with all the lenses flashes and drives as well as a 6x7 kit with lenses from 45 to 500mm. Motorsport and Landscape photography are the areas I most enjoy but have handled macro to weddings over the years. I still love it when I see the image in the viewfinder and fire off the shutter imagining the perfect shot emerging after processing. Well it works maybe 1 in 50 but each time I press the shutter I think I have it . I am very happy and amazed to find this great information and community resource and hope to contribute some useful information over time. Other than my first camera the best camera I have ever used is still my original LX with FA1-W viewfinder and beloved 50mm 1.2 lens a solid unit wonderfully reliable and I still love the purposeful shclunk sound it makes when I press the shutter.

I almost forgot I am from Melbourne Australia which seems to be a current theme for new members lately

Last edited by garywakeling; 08-28-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: extra info
08-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Gary.
Cool intro.
Thanks for sharing it.
And yet another Melbournian.
Good to have you here mate.
Enjoy the forum.
08-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Welcome! Looking forward to your contributions to the film section

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
film section

Hi Adam and Ash thanks for the quick replies. I am in the process of dusting off the enlarger and heading back to the darkroom today. I haven't printed for about 5 years having been pure digital recently but the recent purchase of a 45mm 6x7 lens means it is time to get going again, landscapes here I come. It is coming into spring here early so some nice foggy mornings await me