Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from San Antonio, TX

Hello there! Name is Jason and I'm a new photograph student at San Antonio College. I started out with me, and my dad, and a telescope dabbling in Astrophotography with an old K1000. One thing lead to another, and now i've got my own K2000 and some money to spend on accessories for it! I don't have tons to spend but I do want descent... so I'm thinking:

The Pentax Sling bag is a no brainer... (It looks just right for someone starting out).
But I'm seriously thinking of investing in the Pentax DAL 50-200mm and 55-300mm Zooms. Anyone suggest a good telephoto to add?
Also want a limtied macro... might anyone suggest?
I have a light tripod (Nikon / Manfrotto 848).
No shortage of SD cards, descent PC with plenty of room... got a cleaning cloth too... not quite a rookie but I'm definetly learning.

Here's some of what I consider my best shots. Except for the Moon photo which was taken with a 90mm Refractor, they were all taken with the DAL 18-55mm.
There are more photos in my photo gallery.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K2000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K2000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K2000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K2000  Photo 

Last edited by ScreamingIdiot; 08-28-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Photos didn't upload
08-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ScreamingIdiot Quote
Pentax DAL 50-200mm and 55-300mm Zooms
I think that if you get the 55-300mm, there's not much sense in getting the 50-200mm. The 55-300mm is generally regarded as a superior lens:
Pentax DA L Zoom Lense Lens Reviews and Specifications - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: