Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New user from Missouri, long time Pentax shooter.

Hello all, wanted to register for awhile now, just now getting to it. My first Pentax was a K100D that I bought off of Craigslist, then moved up to a K10D and now have a white K-X that I take everywhere with me.
I share my passion for photography with my girlfriend who also has a white K-X. Together we shot some weddings and we both have a love for macro. One can usually find us cruising Missouri state parks and conservation areas looking for anything to shoot. So, hello Pentaxforums, I'm glad to be finally signed up.

08-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to you and your girlfriend!

I like the "Stormtrooper." That's a good looking camera.

Do you still shoot with the others as well?
08-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome. I sold the K100D to a very happy friend and I kept the K10D for awhile until I had to sell it too for bills. Man do I miss that camera. But the K-X is a great replacement, minus some buttons though. Trying to get use to this forum thing, never been a member of one before. BTW, I love your "Snacktime for the gulls" photo. Birds and sunsets are a favorite of mine.
08-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the invite

This might be a double reply, if so I'm sorry, new at this. I clicked on quick reply and nothing happened. Yes, I mainly shoot with the K-X, awesome camera. I sold the K10D cheap to a very happy friend, then I had to sell the K10D to cover some bills. I love your "Snacktime for the gulls" photo as wildlife and sunsets are a favorite of mine.

08-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, and good going on the K-x. It's a great little camera, though for more advanced features, the K-5 is the way to go from here.
The K20D/K-7 won't have the high ISO sensor performance the K-x does, but if that doesn't matter to you all that much, the K-7 is quite affordable now.
08-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #6

Original Poster
Oh man, the K-5 is my "drool all over it" camera right now. Would love to get it, but have to save up for two. My girlfriend would take mine away if I were to buy it just for me. I couldn't be satisfied with K-7's high ISO. Not after using the K-X. Your portraits are done really nice and I adore the suburban sunset. I never knew there was an inflatable diffuser. Pretty cool.
09-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
I live closer to where the Missouri River runs through the western side of our state. Jackson County. We have camped in state parks and conservation areas around the state many times as well. Most of our vacations are spent driving to State and National Parks and throwing down a tent.