Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #1

Back into photography

I have recently got back into photography. In the old film days I was Pentax all the way in 35mm (K1000, ME Super, then LX). Still have the LX and K and a collection of M lenses. I have an RB67 and an old Mamiya Press medium format that are pretty much bookends now.

Purchased a K-r and what a difference. What I used to do in the darkroom can now be done on the spot in the camera or at worst on the computer later.

MakOK

09-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back to photography! Your new camera will still work with all your old lenses, often with even better results!
09-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome! After packing up my darkroom 20 yrs ago I also got back into photography (after I retired). I was amazed with the results with digital, especially in low light, but the autofocus-autoexposure-etc process of taking pictures grew to be less satisfying the more I used it, and "manual" on digital cameras (even the K-5) is still an kluge. So I restored my film cameras, and now use film much more than digital, with scanning instead of wet printing. (But the darkroom gear is still stored and calling me...) For me, digital was a gateway back to film.
Eric Hendrickson can do a great job on your LX if you also find something is missing in digital!
09-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! I started 'real' (film-chemical) photography 5+ decades ago, dismantled my last darkroom 3 decades ago, and still need to rebuild it -- I've got all the parts, just insufficient space. So digicams and laptops will have to do until I finally get that damn Round Tuit. Yes, digital will eventually be my gateway back to DIY film-processing too.

02-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
Upgrade to K-5

Just picked up a used but great condition K-5. Great upgrade to the K-r which i will keep as a backup. Never had a camera that fit my hand as well as the K-5.
02-23-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by makok Quote
Never had a camera that fit my hand as well as the K-5
It's a lot to do with hand size and personal preference, I like better the K20D with grip size as I've huge hands.