Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi from Sheffield UK

I've been a pentax user since the late 80's starting with a Pentax SFX using that until it died while on holiday in 2004, I had by then got a little digital compact which became my only camera for a few months before getting a sony 828 which i had for a year before getting a Samsung GX10 which let me use all my old lenses again, i currently use a K7 with the Samsung as back up

09-02-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #3

Hi Steve, I am new to this forum. I'm from Doncaster( almost neighbours) and have recently acquired a used K7 which I am just getting to grips with. It has had the firmware upgrade so has the Reversal Film option and wondered if you or any other members had experience of it.

Cheers

Ron
09-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
K7 update

Hi Ron

I've not updated my K7 to the latest version yet. but the reversal film option is something I'd probably not use as I always shoot in RAW and the custom functions like those only work when you shoot JPEG's. hopefully another member will have more experience of the update and it's features and be able to advise you better

Steve

09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #5

Hi Steve

Well that was always my view regarding RAW but according to the instruction manual if I am reading it correctly the changes are applied to RAW as well as JPEGs. I have a Magic Lantern book as well that appears to say the same.
I always shoot in RAW as well, that's what surprises me. I am sure that you are correct, otherwise it isn't RAW anymore.

Cheers

Ron
09-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #6

The Magic Lantern Guide says on Page 73 ' Once set, the selected Custom Image mode- as well as any adjustment levels - will be used for all subsequent JPEG and/or RAW photos that you shoot.

Ron
09-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome Ron (Edit: Whoops.. Steve, and hello Ron),
Am just a little further south than your other neighbours

Last edited by bluespearbone; 09-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.
09-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #8

Hey guys, glad to see some other people from Yorkshire here I'm a little further away (Brighouse), but I am quite often down in Doncaster when staying at my girlfriends
09-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #9

Hi Guys

Nice to talk to you all from 'Up North' . Very few Pentaxians in this area.

Cheers

Rondonc
09-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #10

Original Poster
Hi Ron sorry it's took a while to reply , I've been away for a week and had limited internet access, My K7 is greyed out if i try to select that option so it maybe i need the updated firmware to try it out,

Nice to meet you Bluespearbone and Pruvaloo
09-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Hi, I was starting to think I was the only pentax user in sheffield! Welcome