Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #1

Greetings from California

Hello Pentaxians! Former Canonista here. I've been shooting digital for 12 years (if you include early point and shoots), and found your wonderfully informative community after looking for reviews on the Pentax K-5. I'm a hobbyist and a prospective student in photography at my local community college and am looking forward to conversing and sharing with you.

Sad to say, my interest in Pentax was piqued after my Canon Rebel XT died on me a few months ago due to moisture creeping in and shorting out the electronics. I wasn't too vested into the Canon system so it gives me a perfect opportunity to venture out. I decided to join you lot of Pentaxians because I have a few K-mount MF lenses, and a bunch of screwmount M42 lenses. I love the idea that shake reduction is a standard feature in the body as opposed to the lenses, and I love seeing that Pentax could potentially fit the bill for what I need.

Were any of you former Canonistas or Nikonians? How are you enjoying your Pentax system? Are there any quips that you have? Is the learning curve for a Pentax camera steep when coming from a Canon? I'd love to hear your input and your tips in terms of getting the most out of my future Pentax system.

barm

09-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
Forum Member

I had a Nikon but that was film and I hardly used it much anyway so basically I started in Pentax. Aside from all lenses getting shake reduction from the body (makes so much more sense than in the lens to me) I appreciate the weatherproofing of my K200D and the K-5. I wish that Pentax had a greater market share when buying lenses and accessories but the marketplace on this site has more than made up for that, a fantastic resource!

Welcome to Pentax!