Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #1

Hello from Eastern Europe

Hello fellow Pentaxians!

My name's Tony and I'm from Warsaw, Poland - in case you're wondering, my country lies somewhere between Russia and Germany. I'm a journalist working for Classicauto Magazine and also a moderator of several automotive forums. My username does not come from one of the Pentax flashes - I own a 1971 Datsun 240Z, which is patiently waiting to be restored to its former glory, but that's a story for another day. I live and breathe classic cars - in that regard I take after my dad. He used to be a photography enthusiast, but lost interest after an unfortunate incident which involved a stolen camera bag with his beloved Nikon in it...

My adventure with the Pentax world (and 35mm film photography in general) began last year when I bought a cheap 1982 Chinon CG-5 in almost mint condition. Then a few lenses came along - the ever-popular SMC-M 50mm f/1.7 (great for low light conditions), the excellent SMC-M 135mm f/3.5 and an odball - a K-mount Helios 44K-4 58mm f/2.0, which serves as my primary walk-around-the-block lens. You have to love the Russians for their cheap, sturdy and easily replaceable copies of excellent pre-war German designs.

I'm still a rookie, but this year I've decided to step up the game. I recently bought a mint condition Pentax SFX body and now need to buy some autofocus lenses for it. I've been looking for SMC-F lenses here in Europe, but so far I found almost nothing. Hopefully that could change with my registration here. It sure looks like I'm heading for oblivion (well, at least my bank account is), but if that's the case, I couldn't be happier with it!

Kind regards,

Tony.

09-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Tony, glad to have you on board.
09-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tony, Keep an eye out for the sf1 or sfx with the F-35-70 lens. Usually you can pick them up cheaply and it's a corker of a lens on both film and digital. More useful focul range on film of course

Welcome !

Eric
09-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome chaps. Erkie, the SFX body I bought came without a lens, so I need to buy one second hand. Thanks for the tip about the 35-70, I'll give it a look.