Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #1

Yet another flaming Aussie

G'day Guys
Thought I'd better say hello formally after lurking for a few weeks. Great site, amazing wealth of knowledge amongst the members, and a fantastic tool for learners and veterans alike.

I'm a Western Australian farmer with a passion, obsession may be a better word, for fishing and the great outdoors. I learnt of this place from a fellow WA fishing enthusiast....there is at least 3 of us sculking in here that i know of.

My first camera of any kind was a SF7 with Pentax-F 35-70mm, which I still have and was using up until 2006 when I took the jump to digital and got a Canon G6 (great camera) followed last year by one of those cool point and shoot waterproof Lumix jobies for all my wet work. One thing has got me riled up however....the inability of either of these digital cameras to produce a decent macro image...So after 10 minutes of consideration I grabbed a DSLR off fleaBay. I now have a Samsung GX20 with 18-250ml lens to play with ( damn thing is smarter than me) and although it needs a good service and a clean I am very happy with it as a starting platform for some outdoors work with the 18-250 and macro work with the 35-70.

I also enjoy the disgusted lip curls my canon toting mates have been quick to show at my return to the Pentax* stable

*Samsung

Cheers
Tony

09-07-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum!
09-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome, I look forward to seeing some photos, fishing and photography, its a good double. cheers
09-07-2011, 05:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
welcome, I look forward to seeing some photos, fishing and photography, its a good double. cheers
+1! What sort of fishing is it, btw?

09-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi Tony,
Welcome to the forum, I'm in the same business as you. Have a look at the West Oz user group, they have get togethers every now and then and you will be made very welcome.
+1 for the fishing as well.
Ian
09-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
TH1

Original Poster
Thanks guys

Predominantly shore based fishing (beach rock or cliff). I'll post a few pics at the first chance I get but I feel severely outgunned by what I have seen on this forum so far.

Tony