Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #1

Greetings!

Hi everybody!

I just recieved my new Pentax K-r, and as I was searching the net for answers to why my camera is making funny noices when I move it, I stumbled on this forum. Thought it would be a good idea to sign up here as I can probably use some good connections in the future.

The Pentax K-r is my first ever digital camera (apart from an 8 y.o. 3 MP party camera in pocket format) so I'm a complete noob on more or less everything in this new world. I used to be a very active photographer back in the analogue days, being member of a photo club, developing my own black&white films and pictures and so on, but the old camera (Ricoh XR-20SP) has been lying unloved in the bag for almost 15 years by now.

I chose between several cameras, with a few Nikon models (5100 and D90) as alternatives, as well as going higher up in the range and buy a K-5, but in the end I settled on the Pentax K-r. For financial reasons. Staying with Pentax means that I have a lot of equipment to play with from the old days that still works with the camera. I have several old analogue Pentax cameras, lenses and accessories that were my dad's, and as my old Ricoh also uses the same lens mount, my old lenses will also work with my new camera. I also had to be honest to myself and say that I have no idea where this "revival" of photography will take me. Putting the money in for a K-5 would be way over the top at the moment, and if the interest keeps going, it's better to upgrade if I feel like I need it later on.

So... still waiting for the battery to charge so that I can start playing with my new toy.

See you around!

09-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
09-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forum as well as your K-r.