Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Fine then, I'll do it...

Says here I ought to introduce myself. Fine then. I'm a writer and photographer (of sorts, I guess) from the Oregon Coast. In the last few years I've been slowly graduating from taking a lot of pictures of family, cats, dogs, fast-moving child-powered missiles and cars (or what's left of them - I drive old VW's) to a variety of unique takes on scenery I come upon, both landscape-ish and close-up. I wore out a Pentax K1000 years ago, wore out my second Canon PS2, and now, at the suggestion of my younger brother, I have a Pentax K20-D. To tell you the truth, so far my pictures were better with the Powershot. I'm sure it's because I haven't really figured out this camera yet - and so that's why I'm here, to find out how to make the DSLR take better pictures than my old point-and-shoot.

I've been slowly building a collection of what i consider decent photos here: Featured album | Groesener | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

The caption says it's the best I've got - I'm not sure if that's true yet, I'm still sorting and uploading, slowly. If you poke around the "Scenery" section you'll find some other pics that may or may not be much good. I always appreciate a critical eye's view of my work - no use thinking I'm good if I'm not, especially if there are specific things I can do to change from "ok" to "wow, that's really good!". I'd really like to make this a side-profession to my writing, which I'd also like to make a side-profession to what I do now, which is running a technology-related business related to sawmills. One of these days...

09-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! And yes, the P&S-to-dSLR transition can be tricky. I started shooting a long long time ago, used boxes-folders-RFs-SLRs-TLRs-etc -- went digital a decade ago but just got a K20D as my first dSLR a bit over 3 years ago. The dynamics are different with these various tools. Learning never ends. Cheers!
09-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to see your shots.

The 'Post your photo' section is a great place to get some feedback.

Last edited by hcc; 09-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.