Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New From Denver

Hello to all,
Yes, this is my first post. I've been reading for several months now and would like to join this friendly group of fellow Pentax users.
I've used Pentax 35mm gear since the late 1970's, going back to the K1000 and ME/MX days. Later had an SF10 and (still have) a ZX along with 2 ME Supers, both black bodies. Although the older film bodies came and went, I managed to hang on to several "M" lenses, and happily still use them.
But two years ago I purchased a new K110D, then the 18-55mm kit lens and it's been an eye-opener! My old lenses work fine with the magic green button and I've since bought (from eBay) a DA 1:4 16-45mm zoom and an F 1:3.5-4.5 35-135mm.
Also picked up a 1:4 100mm Macro "M" in VG condition for $91.00, which has transformed my thinking about small and previously unseen subjects.
The digital photo world seems like a huge upward learning curve for me. Hopefully the help and knowledge I've observed here will get me over the rough spots.
Aside from my new interest in Macro, I'm usually shooting scenics, street/candids and live music performances.
Greetings from the Mile-Hi city!

09-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, glad to have you join!
09-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard! Your city is the new American home of Pentax. You should stop in and say hello!
09-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks For The Welcome!

Hello Ole and Pentaximus,
Thanks for the warm greetings, I hope to contribute to the site in some small way.
I haven't been to the new downtown Denver Pentax HQ, but did go to the Boulder facility and made several trips to the offices when they were in Englewood, Colorado.
While they were in Englewood (late 1980's and early '90's), Pentax had their North American repair facility there and sold overstock, discontinued, returns and unclaimed (repaired but not paid for) merchandise. Boy, did I find some deals there!
A newly refurbished 28mm F2.8 M for $40.00, a new, open-box but unused ZX for $65.00, battery grip for the ZX $25.00, unused 280T flash for $30.00 and many lens hoods, filters and accessories. They also refit my black-body ME Super and it is working fine to this day.
When they moved to Boulder, the repairs were done at a different location and they didn't sell used/repaired gear anymore. It was administration offices only.
I believe the same policy exists in the downtown location, but will stop by and visit anyway. Perhaps I can take photos and post them here.
Regards,
Ron