Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #1

Pentax KX with Lens Stuck

I just joined this site and also just bought my Pentax K-X DSLR camera. The Advertising indicated that I could use my old manual lenses, so when I mounted my zoom lens on the KX this morning I found that I cant get it all the way on, nor can I get it off. I have read several posts on the subject and determined it must be the dreaded Ricoh Pin. I have tried everything that I found on the net, except for sawing the lens off and overpowering the lens. It appears that my Ricoh Pin is the long pin and not the ball type. I have tried for over an hour to work it down with a feeler gage with no success. Has anyone had this happen with the Ricoh pin being the long type and were successful in getting the lens off. If so, please let me know how to do it PLEASE.

George

09-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gbh Quote
I just joined this site and also just bought my Pentax K-X DSLR camera. The Advertising indicated that I could use my old manual lenses, so when I mounted my zoom lens on the KX this morning I found that I cant get it all the way on, nor can I get it off. I have read several posts on the subject and determined it must be the dreaded Ricoh Pin. I have tried everything that I found on the net, except for sawing the lens off and overpowering the lens. It appears that my Ricoh Pin is the long pin and not the ball type. I have tried for over an hour to work it down with a feeler gage with no success. Has anyone had this happen with the Ricoh pin being the long type and were successful in getting the lens off. If so, please let me know how to do it PLEASE.

George
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your issues. What kind of lens specifically (Brand, Mount designation, etc.). Lenses with Ricoh pin will mount on correctly. It's removing them will be the problem. But you've indicated you can't even get the lens all the way on? I'm curious if there is more to it than just Ricoh pin. On some lenses, the pin actually retracts if you move the aperture out off the "A" position.

Hope this helps.