Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi there

Hi All.. my name is Arudatu, I'm from Indonesia.

I use Pentax K-r with double kit. although photography is not a new thing for me, this camera is my first camera. My Father suggest to buy Pentax, and it turns out to be a great camera. small but very powerful.

in many comparison, it said that one of the cons of this camera is the small resolution. but I think it can't be said that way. although it's small but it's in 300 dpi (@ the same level of camera canon came out with 72 dpi and the picture taken with its kit lens is not as good as my K-r

09-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome! And don't worry about the dpi numbers; they only relate to how an image is printed or displayed. Your Kr's sensor resolution is about 3000 dpi, and the Canon's is about the same. But the Pentax kit lens IS better than Canon's. Have fun!
09-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Arudata, enjoy the new camera.
09-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
"But the Pentax kit lens IS better than Canon's. Have fun!"

he he..i know that... I have one do I!?..he he he... may because of this too that there are so many lens pentax-canon adapter, but I never seen any canon-pentax..and pentax lenses are build smaller too..smaller and better.