Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Cheers from Peru

Hi there!
My name is Pedro. I'm 40 years old. I always loved photography but never took the time to study...Last couple of years, with the iPhone, I began to take pics...some of them were ok...so I took my wife's canon rebel and suddenly I was taking a lot of photos....little by little I saw an improvement in my photography.
A friend of mine (he's a pro) saw my pics and told me about being serious ...coming from him it was a compliment so I decided to buy a camera...my brother in law is a canon fan, so he told me about the canon plus, lenses, etc...suddenly I discovered Pentax and it was something special....I don't know of you guys, but for me it was a revelation, a special bond with Pentax...like if we were made for each other...
So I bought a Pentax K-5 and it is the best decision ever!.

I live in Peru SA, here the popular brands are: Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic & Samsung (in that order)...so I own a beautiful piece of art, and guess what, my Pentax is the new kid in town.
I wanna learn from you guys, this is my journey with my Pentax.
So proud to be part of this Cult of Pentax.

Excuse me for my english (I'm a latino guy). Now I'm saving money for my Pentax Q and maybe for the new RZ18...

Thanxs guys!

Attached Images

09-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Pedroin, welcome, plenty of helpful info on this site, keep the photos comming.

cheers
09-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hola, 'migo! Welcome to the cult! Do you have a hard time finding Pentax gear in Peru?

I hope to visit Peru soon. A cousin married a nice girl in Guatemala, so we went for the wedding, and stayed, and we return as often as we can. We keep telling his brother to meet a nice Peruvian girl so we can do the same there. But no luck yet.
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi there RioRico
Actually the only Pentax models that you can get here are the oldest ones, kind of vintage cameras...no pentax store or anything close....I got my pentax from B & H,and my in-laws brought it....you should come to Peru, not only for the girls, but for our food (the best in the region) , for our culture (Cuzco & Machu Picchu) and for our beautiful beaches...if you surf , we have gorgeous beaches and waves in Peru. Mancora, Cabo Blanco, Chicama (north of Peru) are amazing!
Thanxs for the warm welcome in this forum!