Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2011, 03:47 AM   #1

Greetings

Hi Folks,

Just want to introduce myself. I'm an enthusiastic amateur and I have recently become interested in vintage lens after acquiring an SMC Takumar 1.8 55mm. I'm loving both the results from the lens itself and the fact that shooting manually encourages me to learn and consider my shots more carefully. I'm using a canon dslr with an adapter.

Hoping to acquire some more decent equipment and advice!

Cheers,

Peter

09-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Peter -- you've come to the right place for discussing vintage Pentax glass. Such discussion pops up all over, but particularly in the general lens discussion forum and in the relevant lens clubs, such as the Takumar club, the K club, the A club, the M club ...
09-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, the Takumar club sounds like a good place to start.
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Peter. You'll also find lots of info re a lot of the older lenses on the Lenses Review pages at Pentax Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
There are also a number of Aussie social groups to be found at All Groups - PentaxForums.com
Enjoy!