Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2011, 05:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Germany

Another new kid on the block. Well, kid is not quite right, more like closing in on the big 5

I'm coming over from another forum that just doesn't feel like home anymore. Some of you might know me from here or there. I have been using Pentax DSLRs since 2003, starting of with the *istD, then the K20D and now a K-5.

I like shooting various things, always up for a challenge and able to take criticism (after a bit of whining and whingeing, of course).

In real life I'm working on development and application of sensors in oceanography, so the sea takes a prominent place in my photography.

For a quick run through some of my photography you can go to the PPG here.

My latest shot (from a couple of hours ago) as attachment.

Good light everyone,
Prieni

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Forum Member

Welcome!! And thanks for sharing the link to some of your work. The photos are just marvelous!! Being new to photography, I find them extremely inspiring. A little while back, my husband upgraded his camera and gave me his old *ist DL to learn on. It's a great camera. Since then, I've gotten a K-x too. Anyway, I look forward to seeing more pictures, especially of the sea. I live in the desert, so I don't get much chance to see water.
09-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Prieni. Your Baltic sky photo has great colour and feeling.
09-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you both. Seems I somehow missed your answers here, I'm slow in finding my way around here. Also work is keeping me from spending more time around here.

Frostie, desert sounds just as exotic to me as sea does to you! I'm sure some great photo ops to be found in the desert as well.

Arnie, thanks for the welcome!