Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hello everyone, many familiar faces here =]

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Oh, and hello, Stefan!

EDIT: My initial reaction was less cordial. I thought, "Oh no, another PU'er, there goes the neighborhood!" I've been on PU. I'm not really impressed. I don't bother anymore. My impression of PU is that it's rather insular. And my comments there were mostly ignored. I hate ignorance.
Hello RioRico, did we really ignore your comments, sorry about that.

Well there are some problems on the PU so that's why there is a rush of new people coming here, so we will see how that effect the neighbourhood XD
So far all the good people have switch over so now worries

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
You may or may not remember me. We have posted to the same threads at PU, but admittedly I only rarely went there.

Good to see you over here. You'll find that this forum is a lot better supported in terms of features. This is part of the reason why I hang out here rather than at PU or similar forums. Also, one gets to know a core group of forum members and hence acquires a "home" forum, isn't it?
I remember you.
I know what you mean with a core group, i and many others here had that on the PU.
Half of the effective members are gone i believe.

09-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
EDIT: My initial reaction was less cordial. I thought, "Oh no, another PU'er, there goes the neighborhood!" I've been on PU. I'm not really impressed. I don't bother anymore. My impression of PU is that it's rather insular. And my comments there were mostly ignored. I hate ignorance.
That's an ... interesting way to welcome these new members

I can't speak for everyone else RioRico, but to be honest a lot of your comments on PU were difficult to respond to, you seemed to talk about your lens collection a lot. Another one I particularly remember was in response to someone's shadow self-portrait: "I shoot many shadow self-portraits. I don't show them around because I reckon it's sort of masturbatory." That surprised me, coming from a new member. Perhaps that's why you didn't get as many responses as you hoped?

(Incidentally, the 'someone' in question is another member of the PU exodus, so you'll probably soon be running into him here as well).

Last edited by thoughton; 09-19-2011 at 07:46 AM.
09-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
WELCOME to all the Tourists, I hope you enjoy yourselves.
09-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Hello Prieni

Great minds think alike right
Hello & welcome Stefan & Prieni - think you will find quite a few PU forumites here. This has been my main forum for a while now.

Cheers
Kevin

09-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Hello all. I signed up in 2009 on both forums, but have been favouring P'User all along. Lately, however, I find I'm more drawn to this side of the pond. Glad to see some familiar faces (avatars) here. I'll have to find a new one for me, my beloved dog Sally was put down two weeks ago.

Regards
So sorry to hear about your dog SJ.

Did you get my reply to your PM on PU ?

Cheers
Kevin
09-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Hello Anvh, I remember you (not that we talked much over at PU...).

Quite a shame PU lost so much traffic these past years.
You'll see, PF is quite good, with a low BS overhead (but as usual, FF threads should be avoided like the plague)...

Warm welcome!

Frogfish threads !?!
09-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thoughton Quote
Hey lads

Lovely to see you over here Tim ! Is Robbie coming too ?

09-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Haha I'm not sure. Does Robbie even have a camera anymore? I think he might have sold all his gear when he had the baby.
09-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #39
Veteran Member

That's an ... interesting way to welcome these new members

I can't speak for everyone else RioRico, but to be honest a lot of your comments on PU were difficult to respond to, you seemed to talk about your lens collection a lot. Another one I particularly remember was in response to someone's shadow self-portrait: "I shoot many shadow self-portraits. I don't show them around because I reckon it's sort of masturbatory." That surprised me, coming from a new member. Perhaps that's why you didn't get as many responses as you hoped?

(Incidentally, the 'someone' in question is another member of the PU exodus, so you'll probably soon be running into him here as well).
Ha ha ! Rio's inimitable posting style is an acquired taste. He is an exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful poster but does have very loose fingers I have got to enjoy reading his posts a lot now as they can be very instructive - even though often wander miles away from the subject in question !
09-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #40
Forum Member

Howdy gents. Thought I'd say hello
09-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #41
Veteran Member

I can't speak for everyone else RioRico, but to be honest a lot of your comments on PU were difficult to respond to... "I shoot many shadow self-portraits. I don't show them around because I reckon it's sort of masturbatory."
Y'all had a member whose name refers to smegma so I figured, anything goes. And now he's here! But that's OK. Life proceeds.
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #42
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to this site Stefan.

You may not know or remember me from PU (avatar the same) I think my post count was only in the low hundreds.

Must admit haven't been there for a good while myself, not through any reason, I just hang here when I get time.
09-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks kerrowdown, I remember your photo.

I really thought more might come over but guess not.
09-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Did you get my reply to your PM on PU ?

Cheers
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I got your message. Just yesterday I took delivery of a Sigma 70-200 APO 2.8 (pre-HSM, Pre "macro"), with 1.4x tc, for $700 AUD. I'm happy, to say the least.
Next up, the Sigma 30 1.4.
Look forward to seeing all you chaps around the forum.

Regards
09-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Nice lens that one Sam, the mark 1 Sigma. Every now and then I think it's too big and decide to trade it and the TCs for a 77 Ltd, but then I think how long I had to wait to find one and decide to keep it It doesn't help you much but in the UK Mifsuds were recently selling brand new Sigma 30s on ebay for £299.
Closed Thread