Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #1

Pentaxus Norvegicus

Hi folks,
Great to become a member of such a "group of connaisseurs". The world seems overfilled with Canons and Nikons, and I always appreciated being one of the different guys.
I'm using K-7 for the time being, and am quite happy so far. Thinking of buying a Sigma 150-500; any advice?
Thanks!

09-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought the Sigma 150-500 this spring, and all in all I am happy. It is the best tele I have owned, and I like the flexibility of the 150-500 span.

On the down side, it is HEAVY - I have just been on a trip to the US where I wanted to bring it but had to opt out because of weight. Ergonomics are good though, and shooting hand held is a realistic option in many situations in spite of the weight. Also, I am female and just 1.64m tall - if you are a huge male Norvegicus specimen, weight might be less of an issue for you, except in cabin baggage situations.

[Edit: Forgot to say welcome to the forum, frodemin - welcome to the forum! Always good to have more Scandinavians! I hang out at the Norwegian camera site akam once in a while, are you there under another usename maybe?]
09-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Mette!
I suppose I'll end up buying one, so all support is welcome! :-)
And no, never heard of akan (will check it out, though).