Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Followed my path here - Jan

Okay so that was a bad introduction, I should have put that some where else. So Hi, my name is Jan Dumas, I have a standard Pentax MX and several lenses. I just bought a used Pentax Kx digital camera. I got tired of only having crappy point and shoot digital and not using the beautiful Pentax I have.

Now all my Mx lenses fit on my Kx camera, which is one of the reasons I purchased the Kx. However the digital camera only sees the Pentax 18-55 it came with. It does not see any of my straight camera lenses. I know that is because the digital camera and lens have far more contacts that the other lenses. Is there some thing like a connector I can hook to the Kx which will allow me to use my older lenses?

Gonna go explore the forums now since I figure some body has already asked the question and gotten an answer.

09-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There isn't anything that will make them operate the way the 18-55 does. I.E. if the camera doesn't "see" them, it's because what the camera is looking for isn't there.
09-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #3

Original Poster
Bummer. But then, the Mx can see through the 18-55. Sigh guess I will be carrying to big camera bodies with me.
09-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fibrowitch Quote
Is there some thing like a connector I can hook to the Kx which will allow me to use my older lenses?
You can use them as is. See:

Using Manual Lenses (M42 Screwmount, M , K) on Pentax DSLRs

and

The Usage of Green Button

Welcome to the forums, and to the world of DSLR photography. As it happens, I just started using some of the old Pentax manual lenses on my K10D yesterday -- even though I knew how many people were enjoying using these lenses on DSLRs, I was still amazed at how easy and how much fun it is.