Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #1

Hello, Pentax World.

Hello, My name is Robert. I'm a new member from Stockholm, Sweden. I'm a computer person, mostly using Linux-like systems, but currently working as a Windows IT admin.

Just short of 18 months ago, I let Drougge (member of this forum) get me into photography. He had a preference for Pentax, so it seemed the natural choice. Now I own way too much pentax-related stuff.
Here's a summary of my gear:

Cameras:
K10d (Broken beyond repair, unfortunately)
K20d (Current digital body. Have had a few hot pixels, but on the whole, satisfied.)
Several ME (None working 100%, but at least one usable)
MX (Not quite inherited from my parents, who now only shoot P&S)
LX (Bought recently, not arrived yet)
PZ-10 (Bought recently, not arrived yet)
Spotmatic SP (Working)
SV (Shutter issues)

Lenses (well, most of them):
Pentax DA 18-55
Pentax DA 18-55 WR
Tamron adaptall 28mm f2.5 (with KA adapter)
Pentax F 35-105 f4-5.6
Pentax M 50mm f1.4 (hasn't arrived yet)
Pentax M 50mm f1.7
Chinon 50mm f1.9
Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 (later variant)
Voigtländer Nokton 58mm f1.4 SLII
Tamron adaptall 80-210 f3.8-4 (with K adapter)
Tokina AT-X 90mm f2.5 (A-setting version)
Elicar V-HQ 90mm f2.5 (A-setting version, recently bought, hasn't arrived yet)
Meyer Görlitz Orestor 135mm f2.8 (Right now in disassembled state, just past putting aperture back together).
Tele-takumar 200mm f3.5

I have a few more lenses, mostly bad 28mms, but those are the ones I actually use (or intend to).

From the list above, it is apparent that I value IQ over autofocus and zooming.. Also that I mostly buy cheap gear.
I take a lot of pictures, but am rarely satisfied. I go for BIF shots way too often, which is pretty hard with MF, unless you can find a lot of them.

I sometimes develop B&W Film. I'm thinking of getting into Medium Format. I wish pentax would make an 24x36 camera. The viewfinders of my film cameras are just that much better then any DSLR I've ever tried.

I'm the chairman of a small camera club in the middle of Stockholm, Sweden.

My next camera-related purchase is likely a new DSLR or a new medium format body. My next phototechnical project will be scanning, while my next photographic project will likely be macro photography.

I suppose it's time I created an account here, seeing as how I read the forum almost daily anyway.

There, that's an intro to me, hope I don't come off as too crazy. I hope we'll all get along.

09-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow, you fell hard for photography. Welcome to the forums. Maybe you should stay away from the market, it's dangerous for those with the dreaded LBA(Lens Buying Addiction).
09-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #3

Original Poster
I'm aware of the problem. Fortunately, this isn't a lot of money in camera gear terms, but yeah, maybe I should get into selling some of it as well.
09-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It all adds up. I'm in the middle of selling off some of my gear. The problem is I'm buying almost as fast as I can sell.