Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #1

Cyncical Student Photographer's Hello

Hey there guys. Might as well make my first post here. I was aimlessly wandering about community college about two years ago, bouncing from one major to another. I pretty much switched directions every other semester which wasn't good. First it was finance, then journalism, then graphic design, then photo journalism, then finally photography. Photography is special to me in that I am passionate and ambitious about it. There is something to creating a print that will last 100+ years. I'm also a creative type, in that, I enjoy creation and making things. Making pictures, making prints. It's all good times.

As far as my camera gear, my photography class really set things forward for me as I was told to find an all manual film camera, and while I was looking for a K1000 on the web, my dad dug out his Pentax MX from the attic that he bought about 10 years ago. The lightmeter didn't work, but taking it to a camera repair shop, I was able to get the battery replaced and fixed. The camera is in excellent condition with a bit of light bronzing and I still shoot with it from time to time.

After about a year or doing film photography in community college, now I have transfered to a nearby Art Institute and have been there few quarters. I now shoot with a white Pentax K-r with 16-50 and 50-135 DA* lenses and I not too long ago got the 540FGZ flash which kicked me back to square one in terms of figuring out how to produce good results with.

09-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Flash photography is black magic.

Hello!
09-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I packed a 4 year Physics master's degree (with a scholarship) in to pursue photography, so yeah, here's hoping things work out for us both :P

And the 50-135 + AF540FGZ is an insane combination, I use it all the time for events and portraits. Make use of your time in college, because once you're out, things tend to suck big time.
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
Make use of your time in college, because once you're out, things tend to suck big time.
Wm Burroughs said, "If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to a library." But that was a long time ago.

Oh yeah, WELCOME!

« hello | Hi »