Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Old Pentaxian, new to forum

Hi to all. Got my first ME Super in 1981 and began photographing in earnest with it. Took it all over the world with me and got the whole kit stolen while helping someone out.. all it took was to take the bag off my shoulder and set it on a table. That was the end of my photography for a long time as all my lenses, flashes etc were in there and had been meticulously purchased.
My wife and daughters picked me up a "new" Super a few years later, but of course without the rest of the tools it was limited. Fast forward to a couple years ago when my daughter got married.. The Super's shutter/mirror stuck and put me in a bind so I picked up a Super Program and Program Plus with some lenses and flashes to get me through and here I am again shooting.. How great this is.
I'm looking right now to pick up an ME-F and associated lense. Just bought a black ME Super and am sending my old ME Super off for repair.

Oh yeah.. the wife wants a DSLR for Christmas.. Pentax K-x or K-r is what I'm thinking.

By the way, if you see an old chrome ME Super with Kennelly engraved on it in script. That's mine. Finders fee?

09-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, pity about your old kit, but glad to have you back in the game. There's just been some discussion on a new trick for stealing gear -- one lens at a time. Enjoy the forums.
09-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums. It's a real shame. They robbed you of more than just a camera, but of years of something you obviously enjoy. Glad to see you're getting the bug back.
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #4

Hi Ruffinit -

I have an ME-F, but it is crowding the shelf. It meters when it has batteries in it, but for some reason the mirror is locked in the up position. Perhaps it needs a CLA, I don't know, but with so many other cameras (K1000, ME Super, KX, etc.), I'm not inclined to fix it. It is yours for the price of shipping if you want it. Just send me a pm or post here.

Benkaf

10-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #5

Welcome,

I'm new myself, been looking at the k7 for a long time, any thoughts?

D
10-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The K-7 is a great camera, but they're all great. If you've got the budget go for a K-5 for the latest and greatest. In the $575-675 range get a K7, in the $400 range get the K-r or the K20D. In the $350-400 range there is the K-x. Below that you can get a K100D, K10D or a K200D.