Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #1

New photographer, old camera.

Hello everybody. I've been getting sick of taking pictures with my cell phone, the quality is pretty rough, and I always have to convert the file anyway. Been dealing with it until my mother suggested I try some real photography. She pulled an old box out of the closet and gave me an old Pentax Super Program my Uncle once owned.

From what I can tell, the Camera is probably older than I am, but it looks like its in great shape. So I've come here looking for some information on the camera, and basically to find out what I've got here. Here are a few pics, I have 3 lenses and a flash unit for it. The lenses are all Pentax-A lenses, a 1:4 70~210mm lens, a 1:1.7 50mm lens, and a 1:2.8 28mm lens. The only number I could find on the flash module was AF200T.

I'll soon post another thread to get some info on the lenses/camera, just letting everyone know what I've got to work with. I realize the pictures are pretty bad :P The flash on my cell won't go off.

Attached Images

09-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great lenses, enjoy your new camera.
09-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
Quick question, what sub-forum should I use to ask specific questions about this camera? SLR Film Cameras?
09-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yeah, the film camera section. Know that you can use your lenses on any pentax digital body if you ever decide you want one.

09-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Know that you can use your lenses on any pentax digital body if you ever decide you want one.
Really? That's nice to know. A digital camera would be great for the Car meets I usually attend, then I could switch to the film camera for some high quality shots.
10-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Digital is at a level where it is technically better than film, but film has a special look to it. Any pentax digital body will change the perspective of your lenses. Multiply your focal length by 1.5. You can pick up a used body in the marketplace on this forum.
10-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice gear, I would hang on to all of it. The lenses will be sweet on a digital body later on.