Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #1

Hi, I'm Holly

Hi, I'm Holly and I'm a photoholic.

I "cut my teeth" on an old Pentax Spotmatic F and recently purchased a Pentax ist D which I'm still learning how to use. I'm finding it much ore complicated than the Spotmatic. I have taken some great pictures with it though. I photograph a variety of subjects from scenic photography to snaps of my kids and pets and live concert photography which I've recently started doing again after a thirty-year hiatus. I am no in the process of getting the color slides I took of various rock bands in the eighties onto CDs -- a very expensive endeavor.

10-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
10-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Forums. I assume you're enjoying all your old spotmatic lenses on your new ist*d.
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from another ex Spotmatic F shooter (now ist*DS), kendfein is on the money, my old screw mount lenses (SMC Tak 50m f1.4 / Super Tak 135m f3.5 / Tokina 28m f2.8 / Viv 80-200m f4.5) all now have k mount adapters fitted to each lens, you won't get better glass without paying a small fortune (totally manual of course). look forward to seeing some shots.
cheers
CC