Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #1

New here and new to the pentax K-r

Hi my name is Paul and i am new to the forum and have owned a Pentax K-r for about 3-4 months now
I decided to get the Pentax K-r to replace an old Fuji digital i had and i was in the market for a good entry level DSLR.
I was all geared up to get a Nikon D3100 when in my research i stumbled on the K-r and was surprised by the features and price.
The decision to go with the K-r is one i do not regret at all as i find it to be a great camera, full of features and i love most of all being able to use old manual film lenses from just about any era.
Most of all i love the feel of the K-r, it reminds me of some of the old film cameras i have had over the years with its smaller and boxier feel that i prefer to the bulky and oversized feel of some of the other DSLR offerings.
All in all a great little camera that produces great pictures and makes it very easy for me to capture the kind of photos i love.

Here is a run down of the gear currently in my camera bag
Pentax K-r DSLR Camera
SMC Pentax DAL 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 AF zoom lens
SMC Pentax DA 50-200mm 1:4-5.6 AF zoom lens
Sigma 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 AF zoom lens
SMC Pentax-M 50mm 1:1.7 prime lens
Makinon 28mm 1:2.8 prime lens

10-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Spike! Your story is similar to mine. I had a Fuji S100fs before deciding on the K-r over the 3100. Glad you have joined the forum and I look forward to seeing some of your photos if you'd like to share.
10-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Welcome! I hope you find these forums as awesome as I do! They've been a great resource in trying to figure the world of photography out :-D
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the warm welcome
I thought i would throw up a couple of my photos - feel free to provide some constructive criticism

10-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Haha welcome. During my reasearch I settled on D3000 because I 'Just' needed a DSLR. Then reasearched some more, Rebel T3 was better for about a $100 more, saw D3100 had 1080p video for about $100 more, researched some more saw D5000 refurb for about $500 with that hinge screen. Settled on it. Researched some more, decided to get D5100 over the T3i for better ISO. Got the D5100, kept it for 14 days, got a better deal K-x, researched it and was surprised by the price and features. Sent back D5100 and have been with the K-x since.
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
seems my pics didn't work - sorry guys i will try to add photos later