Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Greetings from Kansas!

Greetings to one and all. Many moons ago (1980) my next door neighbor taught me about aperture and shutter speed, my first camera was an OM10. After that I worked with NEC/Ricoh and started to get some respect for people, products and processes of the Japanese. I was hooked on photography and like to see almost all of life through the viewfinder when I can. I've been a Olympus and Canon fan for many years, but have just picked up a K-x and K-r for me and the wife. I'm looking forward to learning what all the controls and settings do on the cameras, sharing and being "active" in an online photo community.

10-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome from mountainous California. My 1.5 years at Ft Riley KS in the mid-1970s weren't exactly my happiest. It's always either too hot and too windy, or too cold and too windy. And some startling tornadoes. But I had fun (and work) with my Olympus Pen-FT, Yashicamat 124G, Graflex 9x12, and various other antiquities (Canon, Kodak, etc) as well as the shop Nikons.

But I digress. You should have fun with your Kr and Kx, except during blizzards maybe. And tornadoes. Cheers!