Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #1

Hello from Wharfedale, Yorkshire UK

I feel rather sneaky coming here for help, advice and support. You see a couple of years ago I went to my favourite local camera shop that had served me well for over 25 years and I asked them to take all my 35mm gear off me in part ex for a digital camera.

They did a wonderful job of helping me and sold me this big story about the next big thing in digital SLRs.

Now I am not a brand snob and I do appreciate value for money (Tyke after all) and the gear I was trading in was a couple of Yashica FXD bodies and a range of original Yashica prime and Tamron SP zoom lenses with adaptall 2 mounts. I aslo had a top spec semi automatib Vivitar 285 flashgun with all the accesories like the off camera hot shoe sensor lead and a grip

I am a litle ashamed to say that I bought ...........a Samsung GX20.......sob......am I still welcome here....if not I will just pack all my gear into my hobo sack and try and jump a train heading to somewhere I can belong.

I will be asking for help, particualry with my flashgun which is has a mind of its own and very much like Mrs Aardvark, refuses to cooperate with my fumbled advances.

Aardvark

10-08-2011, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nope, they're pretty much the same camera as the K20D.

So welcome.
10-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome!
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Aardvark.

10-08-2011, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm.....well.... Oh, what the heck--welcome!
10-08-2011, 06:42 PM - 1 Like   #6
Forum Member

Hey Welcome to board!
I would like to send you a Pentax Logo sticker and please stick it on your GX20! lol
10-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #7

Original Poster
I would like that....It make me feel like a proper amateur photographer.

When I go on vacation to the USA I can see people looking at my camera and I know they think I bought one of those giant $50 fixed focus things that come in an SLR style body.

I feel so dirty

So can you chaps actually help me with the GX20 or is there a section around here for the unclean...maybe I should ring a small handbell......have you got a thread for leppers?

10-09-2011, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aardvark Quote
When I go on vacation to the USA I can see people looking at my camera and I know they think I bought one of those giant $50 fixed focus things that come in an SLR style body.
Good camouflage. And don't sweat it. Most people won't care about your camera. Most of those who care, won't know. Most of those who know, won't care. And thieves will avoid you. I should get a PRAKTICA sticker for my Pentax K20D.

QuoteQuote:
I feel so dirty
Whatever turns you on, eh? Let's see, I think it was Woody Allen who said that sex is dirty and disgusting, but only if it's done right. Photography is about the same.

QuoteQuote:
So can you chaps actually help me with the GX20 or is there a section around here for the unclean...maybe I should ring a small handbell......have you got a thread for leppers?
We used to have a Samsung subforum but it was wrapped-into the DSLR forum, so just have at it. We won't look down upon you much, you poor piker.
10-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #9

Original Poster
I knew that I was dirty when I just opened my emails to find one from here with the following message title

PentaxForums Polo Shits

Ok, is this a strange way to dis horse based team games or does someone not have spell check switched on in their emails?

Or maybe its only us Smnsung users that get this version?

Last edited by Aardvark; 10-19-2011 at 08:23 AM.
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aardvark Quote
a strange way to dis horse based team games

Novel but effective.