Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2011, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gerbermiester Quote
I'll be moving on to e-bay pretty quick too. The whole craigslist thing, doesn't give me enough market access. The Market Place here seems a bit confusing to me. I'll have to look up a tutorial on how to calculate shipping and set up a payment account and the like, or however it works.
Setup a PayPal account. ONLY deal with people who use PayPal -- the protections (at a slight cost, of course) work for both seller and buyer. Other forms of payment, except cash in hand, are too often scams. Once you start searching for stuff, you can tell eBay where you're located, and it will automagically produce the shipping costs. And see if you can find the O'Reilly book EBAY HACKS, a mega-tutorial.

QuoteQuote:
PS. I hope I'm not spamming everyone who posted on this thread? My apologies if this is the case. How does one send a PM?
Forum posts aren't spam. Nobody is forced to read them. Anything you want comments upon is fit for posting. To send a PM, just click on a member's name or avatar, and the PM option will appear. Cheers!

10-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the good advice! I googled around a bit, with regards to paypal, and you're right. It seems like it's the best contender when buying and selling online. I'm downloading the Ebay Hacks e-book right now.

Thanks again