Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

Constantly learning

Every time I log on I am prompted to introduce myself, so here goes. I have owned a K20D for I guess a couple of years now. I have a 50-135mm 2.8, a 100mm 2.8 macro, an 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 (kit), and a 12-24mm 4.0. I am looking at possibly acquiring something a bit longer. I am finding it difficult and have learned that 300mm is about it. I have heard of extension tubes to further the reach of my macro, or 1.4 or 2.0 tele-extenders for the 300mm if I decide to go for that, but have had no luck in finding either of those available. I don't think I have succumbed to LBA as yet, however. I assume from contexts LBA is Lens Buying Addiction
I will try to post a couple of shots here to show my interests. Actually I like to shoot everything in sight and mostly use the 50-135. Now that I am retired I plan on being out and about a lot more and possibly joining a local camera club. I am finding that there is an incredible amount to learn not the least of which is the amazing amount of abbreviations you guys seem to have I haven't seen this many abbreviations and acronyms since I left Uncle Sam's Canoe Club.
Well, I have babbled enough for now. See ya round the forum.

Attached Images

10-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please enjoy your stay with us.
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! Yes, you need many many more lenses. We'll be happy to advise you, heh heh. For going macro without going broke, see https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/152336-cheap-macro-b...lose-work.html. Have fun!