Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi there !

Hello everybody,

I'm a recent Pentax user, got me a K-r last month with a DAL 18-55 and I'm loving it so far, but I am ready to upgrade to sharper lenses.

Any advice is welcome !

Mat from Paris

10-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome. What lenses depends on what you like to shoot. More info about that is needed for us to give you any suggestions

Dennis
10-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the answer !

I've detailed my expectations in a post in the SLR Lens Discussion forum.
10-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Ask yourself about your photographic goals: Where do I want to go? What will take me there? How much do I want to spend? To save money and to learn photography, look at inexpensive fine old manual-focus prime lenses. The Pentax K- and M- and A-series lenses, and the Takumars (simple adapter required), are almost all wonderful, and many can still be found at a much lower cost than new autofocus lenses. Or if your budget is large, look at the Pentax Limited lenses, some of the finest optics ever made. Your desires, and how much money you have, will help determine your lens-buying. Please ask questions here about individual lenses; we are happy to help. Good luck!

10-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had a lot of fun with an old manual M 50mm f/2 (catch-in-focus). It's really quite sharp when you shoot well, and the K-r has plenty of light-gathering ability.