Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi everyone

I seem to have posted my first message before introducing myself, so let me fix that right away :-)

My first name is Richard, and I live on the south shore of Montréal in Canada (province of Québec to be more precise). I'm 36, father of two young boys (3.5 years & 10 months old).

The K10D is my first DSLR, and I'm very pleased with my choice so far, even if I'm still getting "caught" shooting with incorrect "leftover" settings from time to time (I'm used to seeing all of them in the electronic viewfinder of my Fuji...).

I currenty own only two lenses: a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5, and an smc Pentax-M 1:1.7 50mm. I plan on getting a flash and a longer zoom in the not-too-distant future, but I believe I'm still LBA-free so far.

12-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentaxforums... look forward to seeing some of your part of the world..
12-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
I seem to have posted my first message before introducing myself, so let me fix that right away :-)

My first name is Richard, and I live on the south shore of Montréal in Canada (province of Québec to be more precise). I'm 36, father of two young boys (3.5 years & 10 months old).

The K10D is my first DSLR, and I'm very pleased with my choice so far, even if I'm still getting "caught" shooting with incorrect "leftover" settings from time to time (I'm used to seeing all of them in the electronic viewfinder of my Fuji...).

I currenty own only two lenses: a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5, and an smc Pentax-M 1:1.7 50mm. I plan on getting a flash and a longer zoom in the not-too-distant future, but I believe I'm still LBA-free so far.

Hello fellow canadian!

great choice of camera and lens (I got the k10 and the 17-70 as well ) I would love to have your 50mm though!
If you buy soon, (It might end near chritmas) sigma has a deal if you get a sigma lens (I think it DC on one other type of digital lens) and the sigma 500 super flash, you save $100 dollars.
That is what I did with my 17-70>500 super flash combo.
The 500 super flash seems to be powerful..... regular price was $279 canadian, with the $100 off it became $179.... I don't think you would get a good flash for that kind of money anywhere.

looking forward to your photos,

cheers

randy
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. I visited Montreal quite a few years ago, so I'm looking forward to seeing your picture of that area.

12-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
If you buy soon, (It might end near chritmas) sigma has a deal if you get a sigma lens (I think it DC on one other type of digital lens) and the sigma 500 super flash, you save $100 dollars.
Thanks for the tip, Randy. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'll be able to purchase anything before march or april, rebate or no rebate. Other financial priorites, that's all... Hey, I did say LBA had not truly set in yet :-)
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Thanks for the tip, Randy. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'll be able to purchase anything before march or april, rebate or no rebate. Other financial priorites, that's all... Hey, I did say LBA had not truly set in yet :-)
I will trade you a couple of cats for your 50mm prime
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
I will trade you a couple of cats for your 50mm prime
LOL I don't like cats at all, sorry :-)

I got the 50mm and a set of 3 Optex diopters ("close-up filters") for 65$ from a local online classifieds website. The Pentax-M version seems to be relatively common and not too expensive. The Pentax-A or any AF version is another matter.