Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #1

it's time...

...to say hi! used to have a film SLR until 1991 when it was crushed during a flight (never put camera in baggage since, but to be fair I had my trumpets as hand luggage on that trip). I loved the SLR, very simple.

Had point and shoots until Dec 2010 when I bought K-7 attracted by price drop as K-5 came out, and also ability to use 'old' but beautiful prime lenses. I'm finding it hard to take off the M 50mm 1.7 I got the other week, but looking for an A version of the same. Not because it's stuck, I love the IQ.

I look forward to getting better and better at this photographing lark as my lip (trumpet) and knees (long distance running) give out as I get older!

Matthew

10-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, sorry about the old SLR, but glad to see you back with the K-7. There's something special about the old lenses, no doubt, and as I expect RioRico to chime in once he sees this thread, you can't never have too many 50s. In fact I have an M 50 1.7 on the way, even though I already have an M 50 1.4.

Enjoy.
10-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Baro-note - I'm trying to get hold of an 50mm 1.7 A to try against the M version (which I know people really love, judging from this forum's lens reviews database!) but I get a bit fingure tied sometimes pressing that green button each time.
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Matthew. I love that old M 50 too. Yeah, the lens database is great, but not so good for LBA!

10-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi Arn, thanks for the welcome... now, is there a forum thread for TLAs? What's "LBA"!? Thanks...
10-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by matthewtickle Quote
What's "LBA"!?
Lens Buying Addiction. Don't fight it, resistance is futile.
10-20-2011, 05:03 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum and LBA. I own the A version of the 50 f1.7 and it is a great lens to use and has great IQ. M series lenses are nice but a little more of a pain to use due to the metering, A lenses are a joy to use.

Hope you can find one. Try some of the others as well, there goes LBA again.

10-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by matthewtickle Quote
Thanks Baro-note - I'm trying to get hold of an 50mm 1.7 A to try against the M version (which I know people really love, judging from this forum's lens reviews database!) but I get a bit fingure tied sometimes pressing that green button each time.
You don't have to press the green button each and every time unless your situation changes. That's part of the beauty of M mode IMO. Only if you change lighting, want to change aperture, or shutter speed is it necessary to hit the button. Anyway, Welcome aboard!