Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #1

Hi from the U.K.

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around this forum for a couple of weeks now and was amazed at the amount of info available, so here I am.

I took voluntary redundancy a couple of years ago (40 odd years in the construction industry was enough) so have lots of time on my hands. So I decided to take up photography along with my main hobby for the past 25 years of growing fuchsias. The two seem to go hand in hand.

I have had a Pentak K-x for about a month now so I am just a beginner. It came with the usual 18-35mm lens and have also just bought the Pentax 50-200mm lens from SRS Microsystems (269 in a local camera shop - 150 from SRS- brilliant and fast delivery) I also bought a Vivitar 100mm Macro Lens from another local camera shop, I took the camera in and they made sure the two were compatible , its one of those old fashioned camera shops were the customer's needs are more important than a sale! It seems to work fine on close ups of fuchsias.

Someone tell me a made a wise choice with the Vivitar, I have a tendency to walk before I run.

No doubt be dropping in with lots of newbie questions.

10-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome from Yorkshire, you should get some lovely results with that macro lens. Looking forward to seeing the results.
10-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Lancashire-lad. We will look forward to those fuschia photos. I don't have the 100 macro, but if it's the 100 3.5 built by Cosina under lots of names (including VIvitar), people say good things about their photos and the price, but note it's 1:2, and made of plastic.
See Cosina 100mm F1:3,5 MC Makro Lens Reviews - Cosina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
10-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #4

Aye up Lancashire lad, and its another welcome from me tha nos.

I have family in Rochdale and Blackburn areas.

Last edited by Aardvark; 10-19-2011 at 08:00 AM.