Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
hi,everyone. new to slrs and ready to learn.

hi everyone. just got my first dslr. I bought a used pentax k10d with the 18-55 DA kit lens and manual 2.8 chinar 135mm lens and i'm very impressed by this camera. i bought this older camera so i could learn, and hopefully in a year or so i can move to a newer camera after i know what i'm doing. i hope i can learn from you guys.

thanks

vimeto

10-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums. I think it was a great idea to pick up a bargain K10D to see how you like SLR photography.
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
thanks. i'm excited. i'm very surprised by this camera. its heavy and it feels great in my hands. i've only taken like 4 pictures, but i'm very impressed.
10-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

welcome to the world of dslr! i own a k100d so a grade below yours but I remember when I first got it, how great it made me feel when I took piccies. they make me feel like i could never go back to a normal point and shoot! enjoy your new camera!

10-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vimeto Quote
thanks. i'm excited. i'm very surprised by this camera. its heavy and it feels great in my hands. i've only taken like 4 pictures, but i'm very impressed.
It is a great camera and it holds its own with image quality, if you get a weather resistant lens you can even shoot in the rain with it. It's a shame to have only taken 4 pictures, you could fire off 4 pictures in a little over 1 second .

Some tutorials to get you started. There are a lot of basic concepts that, once you understand, will help your photography.
Digital Photography Tutorials
10-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good having you here. The K10D is a rock-solid performer at low ISO. Great for learning and moving up in your photographic journey.
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
It is a great camera and it holds its own with image quality, if you get a weather resistant lens you can even shoot in the rain with it. It's a shame to have only taken 4 pictures, you could fire off 4 pictures in a little over 1 second .

Some tutorials to get you started. There are a lot of basic concepts that, once you understand, will help your photography.
Digital Photography Tutorials
thanks for the tutorials. will get to them asap. btw i can't stop playing with it. over 300 pics already. i kept getting really dark pics cuz i don't know how to set the aperture and shutter speed yet. i'm driving everybody in my house crazy.

10-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, vimeto. Try your manual, and then keep snapping away.