Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good ol' Boy from Nebraska

Hello all,

I have recently taken up DSLR photography as a hobby. I have used Pentax cameras in the past and had good results so a few years ago I purchased a Pentax K-X. The main draw was its ability to mount all K mount lenses. Since purchasing old M and A series lenses I have realized that they are high quality and much more capable of producing a superb picture compared to the kit lens. I'm still learning lighting and angles and what not, but I am having fun doing it.

10-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Those older lenses do have special qualities, and are great fun to use. Don't knock the kit lens, though; it's a very capable performer. Of course limited in maximum aperture as compared to primes. Have to admit I haven't been using my DA zooms as much since picking up some K and M primes. Enjoy the forums and your photography!
10-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. I am getting to know my K-x as well. I was actually surprised at the performance of the 18-55, but will probably mostly use one of my primes on it. I see the Huskers are doing well this year!
10-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The 18-55 does well with colors I believe. The AF gets a bit restless in low light, but obviously you don't have that problem with the MF primes. I took some great photos with my 18-55, but I have been thrilled at the depth of the primes. Especially the "cool" colors of the M series. Yeah the Huskers are doing well aside from the Wisconsin game. Got a big one this weekend against Michigan State this Saturday. Thanks for the comments!