Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #1

Hello

Hi I am a complete beginner and have started to use a Pentax K5 with my Pentax PF-80EDA spotting scope mainly for bird watching and i am having a few problems setting the focal length. The Camera goes up to 800 but my scope manual says the length is 1.530mm, any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

10-23-2011, 03:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The focal length the camera is asking for is related to the shake reduction mechanism. If you use a tripod with that scope (which you probably do) you can shut the SR of and your question isn't relevant anymore! If you try to shoot 1.530 hand held I really can't help you there other then suggesting setting it to 800mm. The shake reduction will try to counter the effects of shooting a 800mm lens and thats better then no shake reduction at all. (Nice fish in your avatar!)
10-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. We'll look forward to seeing some of those bird shots.
11-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Fries, thanks for this information as I said I'm a beginner and help like this is invaluable to me, it's back to the manual now and more practice. Thanks once again. :-)

11-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi Arn, thanks for the welcome and as soon has I get up to speed I will post some of my pictures on the forum for you to have a look at and hopefully tell me if I could have improved them.