Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New from Iceland

Hi, I'm newly registered but I have done some reading and knowledge-hunting here. This is a great site with alot to offer.

As of now I own a K100d, a ME Super SE and a MZ10.
I got the 18-55 and the 50-200 kit lenses with the K100d and I've found and bought some old Sigmas in marketplaces, a 28-105mm 2.8-4,5 and a 70-300mm Macro. They are good glasses but the AF is not so good any more. Hopefully I will get them fixed up.
I also got some older lenses with the filmcamera but because of lack of time I haven't got to play around with them yet. They are a Pentax 50mm f1,4, 28mm f2.8, a Tokina 135mm macro and a Pentax 35-80mm which I got with the MZ10.

I'm currently looking for a solid, used K20d and a solid walkabout lens (pref. Pentax 16-45mm or a Sigma 17-70mm) and later on a 12-24mm (Pentax or Sigma).
My main subjects are my family, the Icelandic landscape, wildlife and other interesting motivs. I only shoot in RAW and convert to DNG while processing in PS Lightroom 2.7 where I manage my collections and then I mainly use Picasa to post to the internet (couple accounts for different subjects/audience).

I will be sticking with Pentax till I die but hopefully that won't be any time soon

10-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums. I'd love to see some of your shots from Iceland.
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here, die-hard Pentaxian.
I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for in this forum's marketplace section.
Enjoy your photography, and hope to see some of the scenes from your country.
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Hi Mr.brrice, I just joined today as well. Iceland seems sooo far away from here in Australia. All I know about Iceland is what I saw watching 'Top Gear'. lol

10-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mychael Quote
Hi Mr.brrice, I just joined today as well. Iceland seems sooo far away from here in Australia. All I know about Iceland is what I saw watching 'Top Gear'. lol
Anthony Bourdain also went there once.
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, would love to see images from Iceland. I`d skip on that "fermented" shark BTW.

Cheers, Mike.
10-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome! We won't talk about banks, I promise. Or Bjork. Or volcanoes. So, what's happening in Iceland now?

10-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome

It's OK to talk about the volcanos, I actually drove up to the first erruption for some photos, 25km over the Glacier to get there.
BTW, I have a Ford F-150 running 41" tires for that kind of travelling and I have traveled over most of Iceland. Sadly most of it was before I got my SLR but that's just a reason to do it again
So I have a few photos taken around Iceland, in the highlands and from my offroad trips. I'll put some in the gallery later but I have some on Picasa: https://picasaweb.google.com/bragi.trukkurinn (all in icelandic, try google translate, if something looks interesting or hard to understand

The "fermented" shark is delicious, specially with some icecold icelandic "Brennivin"
And our "Thorramatur" and "lamb meatsoup" are the best, not to forget we have the best lobster soup in the world (@Sægreifinn: Saegreifinn's World-Famous Lobster Soup (plus some Mink Whale) - Lonely Planet)

The guy's at british TopGear have been up here a few time, guess they like our way of "mobility" and modified trucks. James May was here last, trying to drive on the hot lava from the first erruption on a lifted HiLux on 38" tires

I have already done some business through the marketplace, getting a 16-45mm at last
I have been keeping my eyes on one like that for a long time and finally got around buying one.
A K20D or a K-7 is next on list, hopefully in the near future, as I need the WR protection.
My K100D has held up good and is still in excellent condition after about 5k shots.

Well enough for now, back to work
10-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

That soup does look good, and I've always wanted to eat whale/dolphin meat. Great photos, Iceland looks beautiful, and looks like you have a blast driving around.