Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Ontario Canada

Hi all. Been a Pentax shooter from back in the 80's when I started with a K1000. Moved up the Pentax ladder in the film days but took a hiatus from Pentax and bought a Contax RTS II with a couple of Carl Zeis lenses. When film died and Contax was disolved, I looked around for a new camera and fell into the K10D. Not sure if I like it yet, although I have been shooting with it for about 4 years. Mostly, I have been documenting my kids lives and sporting careers. I'm looking to learn about why my K10D is not performing as I think it should and get some tips. Also looking to diagnose some issues and get some fixes... even if the error is behind the camera...

10-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums. I hope you still have those Contax Zeiss lenses. You can convert them to work on your k10d or sell them for a mint. I'm sorry you're not happy with the K10D, it should be a great camera. Post your questions in the beginners or general forums and I'm sure people can help you. Or maybe they'll help you spend money and have you buy a K-5! $999 in Canada right now.
10-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, AlfredD.
10-31-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! Alas, the K10D was innovative in its day, but that was many moons ago. Its weak point is inadequate high-ISO performance. For low-ISO work it's fine -- although I think my K20D is finer. You really might want to consider some newer technology. Good luck!

PS: I used to hail from Ontario also. Ontario California, that is. Not quite the same.