Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #1

Hi from Honolulu, Hawaii. App developer.

Hi,

I'm not a Pentax user but I'm writing an app Pentax Lens Buddy which will have details on Pentax lenses as well as 3rd party Pentax lenses. Hopefully it should launch in the next month or so after I gather all the information and code some more features.

I've been following the Pentax Forums Twitter feed for a while as well.

Previously I wrote Nikon Lens Buddy:
Nikon Lens Buddy app

... and Canon Lens Buddy:
http://cameralensapps.com/canon/

... and Mirrorless Lenses (I just added the Nikon 1 lenses and I'm working on adding the Pentax Q Mount lenses as well):
Mirrorless Lenses app

Thanks,
Julian

Last edited by jyap; 10-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool- feel free to use our lens DB rss feeds!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip Adam, I'll check it out.
10-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

A new one will be coming up soon allowing you to read the product description as well as reviews- I'll post a link here shortly.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

RSS feeds for individual lens reviews are found in the upper right corner of each lens listing. For example, the feed for:
Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Is here:
SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Lens

Feeds containing the latest 15 reviews are here:

We also have an XML feed to search listings:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/lensrss.php?latest=1
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/lensrss.php?latest=1
https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/lensrss.php?latest=1
https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/lensrss.php?latest=1

By default, these feeds show the latest 15 reviews in the system, as well as detailed info such as ratings. You can also use the feeds to search the database. The following parameters can be sent to it:

title - the title of the item you are looking for
cats - comma-separated list of category id's to check (not required)
rating - minimum rating of results (0-10)
latest - include the latest 15 reviews for each item? (0 or 1)
fl - the focal length you are looking for (integer)

If fl is set, specify one or both:
zoom - show zoom lenses (0 or 1, only works if FL is set)
prime - show prime lenses (0 or 1, only works if FL is set)

Example:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/lensrss.php?title=&fl=50&zoom=1&prime=1&rating=9

Basically you need to either say latest=1, or include either the title or fl parameter

Adam

10-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here is a JS implementation that uses the XML feeds:
Pentax Camera Lens Search - Project #2 - Adam Oest

Adam

10-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Julian. Your contribution in the app world for Pentax would be a marvelous addition to Pentax's marketing.

10-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Welcome Julian. Your contribution in the app world for Pentax would be a marvelous addition to Pentax's marketing.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Ash!
10-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I just realized some of the latest review links were broken. Here are updated versions:

Adam