Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #1

Hi from Plymouth, UK.

Hi all,

Just joined these forums after receiving my two Pentax film bodies back (LX & Super A) from having a CLA. I have no images to show yet as I have not yet put a film through any of my five Pentax SLRs (2x ME Supers and a Spotmatic SP).

I also have an extensive Olympus Film Outfit as I suffered a bout of nostalgia and bought a couple of OM2ns before seemingly buying up a collection of Olympus SLRs and lenses which were all at very low prices from a famous auction site (now have an OM1n, 4x OM2n, OM2SP, OM4T and OM4Ti).

I only have a single DSLR and that is a Hasselblad H1D which has an Imacon Ixpress 528C 22MP Multishot Digital Back and 35mm, 80mm & 150mm HC lenses.

I also have a couple of Fuji Digital cameras that I use for holiday snaps.

As for my photographic pedigree, I started in Photography in 1979 and for many years worked as a Weekend Warrior shooting weddings and portraits, In 1993 after being made redundant from my work for the MOD I became a full time Wedding and Social Photographer primarily using Hasselblad 500CMs and Nikon F3s, but by 1998 I was becoming disillusioned with working for myself and when the opportunity came up to work for the local Water company I took the plunge (pun intended) and over the next two years ran my photography business down culminating in my giving photography up completely for a couple of years.

In 2002 I started taking photography more seriously again and bought a Nikon D100 as I was able to use my collection of Nikkor lenses with it, this was followed by a D70 with 18-70mm kit lens and a few years later a D200. In 2008 I decided to swap systems to Canon to enable the purchase of a Full Frame Canon 5D, I then built up a nice Canon system with a number of L lenses, but still hankered after the larger negative available from a Medium Format camera and so picked up a 500CM system and bought a Epson V750 scanner which has the facility to scan most film formats.

I have just been offered a large amount of darkroom equipment, so am seriously considering having a darkroom again although this will take a little persuading of my wife that it is justified.

So that's about it, and if you are still awake, well done.

10-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
10-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Welcome!
Thank you.
10-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here. Great intro.
Lots of heritage there.
Look forward to your contributions here.

10-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you