Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Howdy from Cincinnati, OH

What is up, people?

New to the forums - saying 'Hello' and all that.

I've recently crept out of the P&S mire and started walking on two legs with a K-r, so I'm still very much a newb in terms of the Pentax and DSLR worlds.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about techniques, gear, and so much more! I will be asking many a question in the weeks & months to follow, but I'll see how much I can learn from general lurking and osmosis as well.

Alligators,

- F.P.

10-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings and welcome from an erstwhile Ohioan. Congratulations on your new K-r and welcome to DSLR photography. Best way to learn is of course to get out and shoot, and I think you'll find this forum a great place to hang out and learn, discuss, share. Enjoy.
10-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. I am originally from Ohio (the Lima area) and still bleed scarlet and gray...
10-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Best way to learn is of course to get out and shoot, and I think you'll find this forum a great place to hang out and learn, discuss, share. Enjoy.
That's the plan as soon as I pick me up some lenses!

10-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Welcome. I am originally from Ohio (the Lima area) and still bleed scarlet and gray...
I did enjoy watching the Bucks knock off the Illini two weekends ago. Although they aren't my squad, I've never really had a problem with them - my team has only played them 5 times ever to give a hint.
10-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FunkyPancakes Quote
I did enjoy watching the Bucks knock off the Illini two weekends ago. Although they aren't my squad, I've never really had a problem with them - my team has only played them 5 times ever to give a hint.
I understand. I root for other Ohio schools when they aren't playing the Buckeyes. It's bound to be a long year for OSU year this year. Tressel sort of left the football program in shambles the way he left.
10-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome as well...

Formally lived in Cincinnati. Went to school at UC many years back. Skyline Chili and Graeter's ice cream were the ritual. Can't do that kind of stuff anymore.

Good luck with the K-r. Like mine a lot.

P.S. I did learn to write complete sentences.

Last edited by lammie200; 10-29-2011 at 10:30 PM.