Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm going to recommend that you take the lens back, purchase a K-5, and join the ranks of the long lens elite.

11-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi,
And thanks for the input here. I am contacting the buyer in the morning that he of course can send the lens back. I'm just disappointed that he didn't realize or really research the Pentax-A very well. Here are several more photo's to look at, this, the pentax-a he says, http://hacktastic.smugmug.com/Other/Gallery-2/i-RVJfZQr/1/O/IMGP4351.jpg and the next is from what he says is a 500mm sigma: http://hacktastic.smugmug.com/Other/Gallery-2/i-qj2T2h9/1/O/IMGP4365.jpg.
His statement was he couldn't clear up the fringing in Photoshop lighthouse. All I have is Photoshop CS2 and I don't seem to have any trouble.
From his last correspondence I can conclude that he will not be happy with the lens with whatever solution is presented to him. I will do as you suggest and inform eBay as well that I am having the lens returned. Oh, and thanks, good to be here!
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi,
Nice to be here and I'll keep that in mind! I think the buyer I sold this lens too has his mind set that whatever a solution to the ca he's not gonna be happy with the lens. I'm having him return it and I'll shoot with it for awhile and post the photo's and share with everyone. Least I can do for such a nice welcome!
11-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Howdy,
I think I will. If I do decide to resell, I'll just post it here. No worries, looking forward to getting back the lens and taking some film photo's with it. Have a buddy with a K-5 so I'm covered there too.

11-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The 600mm is on its way back! I have 15 Pentax film cameras to choose from to use in testing this baby which I will do the second it touches down here. I will find a K-5 or 7 to do the Digital stuff with.
Is there anyone in Bend Oregon with a K-5 or ? to test with? I guess I can put something in Craigslist local here too and see if I can find someone to go birding/shooting with.
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you're thinking about making a purchase, I really recommend the K-5. With it's high ISO abilities, F5.6 becomes a lot faster than it has ever been before.
11-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Hey trigger - if you're looking for fellow Pentaxians with digital bodies, maybe you could join this "social group" on these very forums:

Portland Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com

Sure, Portland is quite far from Bend (well, 4 hours drive isn't much in Canada, but anyhow...), and if you meet somewhere spectacular in the middle, I'm sure plenty of folks will be delighted to "try out" your 600mm.

11-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
cool, I'll check it out. I should receive the lens back in a few days. Be nice to go out with someone and take a few pic's. Thanks!
11-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well, I should have the 600mm back in a few days. I'll check it out and shoot some film with it. I know its a digital world and I'll find someone here in Bend OR to go out with I'm sure. I'll post a few photo's and see if I can do better than the fella who purchased the lens from me a month ago. I've got Photoshop 7,9, and cs2 with more upgrades. Probably only need cs2. That works in RAW. I will at some point put the big fella back up for sale so if anyone is interested......? I know that it sold for more the first time but at this point,be around $1900.00.
11-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trigger Quote
I know that it sold for more the first time but at this point,be around $1900.00.
Oh man that is so tempting!!!
11-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey, got the 600mm back from the purchaser who was unable to, with his Photoshop Lighthouse, to remove the CA. Packaging looked good till I got to open the case. Found packing peanuts inside and not the soft closed cell foam layers I wrapped the lens with. Also, peanuts...., well take a look. I will have to find something I can take them out with. Question: could these peanuts scratch the lens here?
Attached Images

11-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You should start a new thread IMO

Those things are so light that I don't think they would easily damage glass, but you probably wouldn't want to be rubbing the two together...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I expect if you remove them carefully, probably with a vacuum, there wont be any issues. Your buyer, well, I dont think they knew what they were doing :P
11-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would think buyers like this should loose their anonymity around the PF market.. I know I would choose to avoid a buyer like this if I had the chance.
11-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
I would think buyers like this should loose their anonymity around the PF market.. I know I would choose to avoid a buyer like this if I had the chance.
It's an ebay buyer.